Search This Blog

Katherine's Dabblings


Saturday 9 May 2020

Knitted Giraffe Baby Hat & Nappy Cover



There is a new baby boy due in the family very soon and as grandmother and greatgrandmother are both very talented crafters and have already been busy with quilts and crochet hooks I decided to have a go at knitting again.

I would love to be able to crochet and I don't know if it's because I'm cack handed, even though I knit right handed, I just don't seem to be able to get to grips with it.

Anyway, there are not many knitting patterns out there for this sort of thing (masses of crochet ones) but I eventually found one.

I really wanted a giraffe one as they had chosen a giraffe soft toy for baby  so I thought it would be nice.  Trouble was I really didn't like it in yellow.  So tones of grey it is.  Lol.

Now, I am aware it is not the best piece of knitting in the world.  I was amazed at how much I had forgotten!   I am also aware that the face bears a strong resemblance to a pig but if the Simpsons can have a Spiderpig the I can have a Pigraffe. 😀

Hope you're all safe and well in lockdown.

No comments :