Sunday, 23 March 2014
Think the title says it all really.
It's for a birthday and I thought the image was apt for this time of year as there are lots flitting about busy with nesting.
I coloured the blue tit's head a little and then put wadding behind the image and then hand stitched it to the blue card. I'm really not fond of hand stitching and unfortunately, it shows. I justify it as looking folksy artsy craftsy. Lol.
Monday, 10 March 2014
I wanted to have a bash at inking an embossing folder. Mmmmmmm, not sure whether it's because I bought a cheap brayer but mine skidded rather than rolled the ink!
After embossing it was very patchy so had to fill it in with a paintbrush. This looked very harsh so I ran a piece of vellum through the clean embossing folder and overlaid it.
Looks much better!
Friday, 7 March 2014
I'd made up some quilted pieces to use as test pieces when I was looking for a new sewing machine.
I decided I rather liked this pinks one so I cut it down to a central piece to use for a card. Unfortunately, I had to cut it down so much that I lost most of the side panels. Oh well......................................
I used said new sewing machine to create the sentiment. Now I have to say that it pains me to look at it as it's not properly centred or symmetrical as you have to sew each word separately. If anyone has any tips on how to achieve this, I would be most obliged if you'd let me in on the secret.
It's now winging it's way to the recipient and I just hope she doesn't look too closely. Or have a rule to hand. Lol.