Katherine's Dabblings

Friday, 12 July 2019

Eclipse Birthday Card

Went on holiday beginning of May in our campervan to meet up with friends in Ironbridge.

Well the weather was horrendous and I was feeling rotten with a stinking cold!  We managed one decent day at the very beginning where we went to Ironbridge.  After that the rain became torrential and when the awning carpet was floating we decided to come home early so didn't get to see anything else.

Ironbridge itself is absolutely though, even if it was a bit damp.

This was a photograph that I changed into a watercolour using Lunapic which is a free online editor.
Die cut the letters, backed them onto darker card and mounted them back into the negative space with foam pads.

Thursday, 20 June 2019

Fathers Day Card

I had envisioned this card in my head for Fathers Day with the goose and his goslings but the reality didn't live up to my expectations. Lol.

I used Crealies Nestlies XXL No 77 dies and had imagined more layers, more depth, more colour.............just more!!!!!!   I also hadn't taken into account the size of the stamps.

In hindsight, I wish I'd cropped the images a lot more but as usual, I'd left it too close to the deadline to start faffing about.  This ended up an 8" x 8" card which left a lot of white space.

I also used an old copper Krylon leafing pen which packed up almost as soon as I started using it and just looks mucky.  Noooooooooooooooo..................................!

It's the thought that counts!  😒🤪

Tuesday, 28 May 2019

Wedding Card

Wedding card made using plain ivory card.

Centre aperture is from Sue Wilson Italian Collection - Umbria.  The very centre with the ribbon woven through is from  Sue Wilson Madeleine.    Corner dies are from Crafters Companion.  Stamp is from Lily of the Valley.

The original plan was to include some yellow/lemon on the card as that is their main colour theme but it hasn't worked out that way and I didn't was to use yellow mulberry flowers just for the sake of it.

Congratulations Mr & Mrs D! xx

Sunday, 7 April 2019

Memory Box Piestra Tile

Another tall, slim card made for a birthday using Memory Box Piestra Tile die. 

Backed with turquoise pearlescent card and threaded down both sides of the middle with turquoise organza 3mm ribbon.

Flowers were made from Sue Wilson's Camellia dies, coloured and glazed. The tag is from the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Framed Tags Two set.

 Have had this die for ages but this is the first time I have used it.  My mother in law loved the last tall slim card (Sue Wilson Lattice Striplet) I made for Mothers Day so much that I thought I would try with this one.

Hope she likes it!

Saturday, 30 March 2019

Sue Wilson Lattice Window Striplet Die Mothers Day Card

Made for Mothers Day using Sue Wilson Lattice Window Die which I laced with 3mm pale green ribbon and backed onto pale pearlised green card. 

Flowers were made from Sue Wilson's Camellia dies, coloured and glazed. 

The tag is from the  Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Framed Tags Two set.

The stamp is from Luxe Framed Sentiments Layering Stamp and Die set.

Whole thing matted onto tall slim cream card.  Pwetttttttttttttttty!

Monday, 11 March 2019

3d Cabinet Card

 Made for a special lady who is having a a special birthday this year.

Made with dies from China. 3mm ribbon threaded through and some 3d pear effects. 

I don't often say this but it really did look better in real life.

Tuesday, 19 February 2019

Sue Wilson Australian Background Die Celebrate Card

A very pretty card for a very pretty lady's birthday!

Made using Sue Wilson Australian background die, Sue Wilson Peony dies, unbranded tag dies from China and a handmade hat pin with ribbon.