Yes I know this is nothing new and even I've had a bash at it before but it's never worked. Truth be told it didn't fully work this time either but at least now I understand where I went wrong.
I followed instructions found here on Splitcoast Stampers. I'd previously used a brayer as advised on another website but have since found out you need a soft ball brayer which would explain why mine just skidded across the surface.
This time I just patted the ink pad directly and it was sort of even but the centres of the dandelions picked up the ink and they should have been white so had to be covered with a crafters best friend; a self adhesive gem!
I wish I'd used thicker ribbon too as I didn't get the bunched up effect I was after but once the DST was on there was no going back!
I now have a soft ball brayer so I'm looking forward to trying again. The great thing about these embossing folder cards is that although I added the charms for this one for an anniversary they are so adaptable. Change the colour or just leave it white and it could be for any occasion; even the good old happy birthday!