Search This Blog

Katherine's Dabblings


Friday 7 March 2014

Quilted Birthday Card



I'd made up some quilted pieces to use as test pieces when I was looking for a new sewing machine.

I decided I rather liked this pinks one so I cut it down to a central piece to use for a card. Unfortunately, I had to cut it down so much that I lost most of the side panels. Oh well......................................

I used said new sewing machine to create the sentiment. Now I have to say that it pains me to look at it as it's not properly centred or symmetrical as you have to sew each word separately. If anyone has any tips on how to achieve this, I would be most obliged if you'd let me in on the secret.

It's now winging it's way to the recipient and I just hope she doesn't look too closely. Or have a rule to hand. Lol.

No comments :